First of all, let’s look at a quick description of Diabetes , what is Diabetes? Also called Diabetes mellitus, this is a form of diseases that occurs by the presence of blood sugar in high proportion. It could be because of the cells in the body is not responding to insulin or the production of insulin is low. This disease comes with some symptoms like constant urination, hunger and thirst. The presence of glucose in large quantity can also be a big issue to one’s health, based on statistics and research, it doesn’t have any cure for now but it can be controlled and contained to avoid spread. Though diabetes comes in different types such as type 1, type 2, Gestational diabetes and other forms. A brief statistics in the USA in 2015 shows that 9.4% of its inhabitant was living with the disease. Some did not know they have the disease. The different types of diabetes affects people different based on their age range. Some of the health effects of diabetes are; eye defects, heart disease, kidney disease, stroke and some other deadly diseases. Now let’s go to the source of this diabetics and for the purpose of this article, we shave be presenting the fruits that are not good or bad for diabetes.
The following fruits are considered unsafe for a diabetic patient as they are harmful and tend to add negatively than heal
- Fruit flavored yogurt
This are mainly from low fat mild, but they contain a large proportion of sugar which very harmful. Always take plain milk as a better choice for the disease and control.
- Dried fruit
These fruits contain high level of sugar and some cases; they may be 3 times the normal carbs.
- Fruit juice
Fruit juice is high in sugar concentrations as in may be from apple juice or soda as it contains fructose which is harmful to the cells in the body.
- Berries such as blue berries, black berries, strawberries, Cranberries, Raspberries
- Apple and banana
- Lychees as this comes with a large measure of sugar in different moderations
- High sugar figs unlike the regular candy, this fig fruit is from potassium, fiber, minerals. .
- Mango ; though mango performs the function of keeping the eye healthy, they are from high quality sugar which should be avoided
- Grape; grapes contain about 15 grams of sugar if measured with a cup. They come in different colours. They sometimes act as repellent to diseases.
- Persimmons, tangerines, pineapple. pears
They above fruits mentioned contain high level of sugar in different proportions and levels. I know you may be saying ‘mangoes, pineapple and apple’ because they happen to be most people’s favorite fruits and mine is the mango. But while not follow advice try to reduce this fruit because it’s worth living in sound health than go through the trauma of being diabetes